The Advisory Council guides the MCOP in fulfilling PIHRL’s responsibilities under the Pentagon’s Convening Authority grant of NGO Observation Status for the Guantanamo Bay U.S. Military Commission hearings. The Advisory Council manages The Gitmo Observer site and related social media, selects observers, and develops resources to educate and train the selected observers.
The members of the Advisory Council are:
- Professor George E. Edwards, The C.M. Gray Professor of Law; Director (Founding), Military Commission Observation Project (MCOP) / The Gitmo Observer; Director (Founding), Program in International Human Rights Law; John S. Grimes Fellow (Ex-officio)
- Paul Babcock, J.D. candidate
- Sukrat Baber, J.D.
- Harold House
- Leontiy, Korolev, J.D.
- Matt Kubal, J.D.
- Robert Masbaum, J.D.
- Kevin Munoz, J.D.
- Avril Rua Pitt, LL.M.
- Luke Purdy, J.D.
- Mark L. Shope, J.D., Associate, Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP
- Qifan Wang, J.D.
- Guang Yang, J.D.
The Advisory Council is assisted by:
- Kyle Galster, Administrative Assistant
- Michelle Werner, Technical Support
Former Advisory Council Assistance provided by:
- Catherine A. Lemmer, J.D., MSLIS, Law Librarian and Assistant Director – Information Services, Ruth Lilly Law Library